- This event has passed.
Sunday Supervision Group – Traumas of Racialization, Colonization, Culture and Intergenerational impacts
December 10, 2023 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
Sunday Learning Group
1pm on zoom
Structured meetings with a learning topic and optional readings related to the core elements of mindfulness-based somatic trauma therapy.
Topic: Traumas of racialization, colonization, culture and inter-generational impacts
This month we examine how trauma moves in big waves through peoples and cultures and generations, navigating collective wounds and collective healing.
Some questions to contemplate in advance of the meeting might be:
- Am I aware of intergenerational or collective trauma in my own nervous system?
- What forms of trauma were once normalized for me that now I am seeing as trauma?
- What microaggressions are my clients facing?
- How might oppressive systems co-opt therapy and how do I want to resist?
- Punctuality: We will arrive on time
- Client Confidentiality: We will use non-identifying information about our clients
at all times
- Group Confidentiality: To help our meetings be a safe place to reflect on our
feelings, mistakes and doubts, all information shared in the group is confidential
- Shared Time: We will strive to ensure all members of the group have opportunity
to speak, including by aiming to be concise in our own consultations
- Considerate Feedback: We will consider what feedback a consulting member
is asking for, prioritize supportive open questions and avoid unsolicited advice
- Respect: We will treat one another and the clients we discuss with respect:
honoring difference, diverse identities and experiences; considering strengths
and resilience; practicing self-reflection.
Register for one supervision group per month, in order to leave room for all members to participate. You are welcome to join a 2nd group if it is within one week of a supervision group and that group is not yet full, or if in the previous month you were unable to attend any groups
Cancel your registration as soon as you know you will be unable to attend, so that another group member may join. Repeated no-shows may lead to being asked to leave the group.
Arrive prepared for group and participate in the discussion. There are no stupid questions and diverse perspectives are welcome. Repeated attendance without participation may lead to being asked to leave the group.